Celebrating Earth Day 2021
We believe that things can not continue as they are. Climate change is a massive issue and the amount that we send to landfill is off the charts. We started this company to play a small part in improving things. So what are we doing?
- We use 100% renewable energy for everything we do (including printing thongs!) ;-)
- Our thongs are made from fully recyclable materials. In fact if you let us know, we'll pay the postage for you to return your thongs to us and we'll recycle them for you! We'll turn them into new filament to make new thongs.
- 3D Printing is an Additive Manufacturing Technology which only uses material where it is needed. No offcuts. No waste.
- Our thongs last longer than a traditional thong, meaning that they are replaced less often and therefore less materials are used.
- We print our thongs on demand, meaning we never have surplus stock that has to be sent to the tip - surprisingly common with most retail brands.
- We've tweaked our manufacturing process so that each 3D Printer only uses about 50W of energy - about what it takes to run a standard light bulb!
And we're only getting started.