Environementally Sustainable Thongs
One of the biggest issues in the footwear industry is waste. The footwear industry makes an estimated 20 billion (yes, BILLION) pairs per year. Much of this along with the offcuts from the manufacturing process ends up in landfill.
HOW WE ARE FIXING IT
Here's why our thongs are environmentally sustainable:
- Our thongs are made from fully recyclable materials. In fact if you let us know (email us at email@example.com), we'll send you a reply paid satchel for you to return your thongs to us and we'll recycle them for you! We'll turn them into new filament to make new thongs.
- 3D Printing is an Additive Manufacturing Technology which only uses material where it is needed. No offcuts. No waste.
- Our thongs last longer than a traditional thong, meaning that they are replaced less often and therefore less materials are used.
- We print our thongs on demand, meaning we never have surplus stock that has to be sent to the tip - surprisingly common with most retail brands.
- We've tweaked our manufacturing process so that each 3D Printer only uses about 50W of energy - about what it takes to run a standard light bulb! We're working towards getting this supplied from renewable sources as well.
Want a pair? Then click here and use code "GREEN" at checkout to get 20% OFF your own super comfy 3D Printed thongs. This offer ends soon.