Who Are We?
At Retraction Footwear, we love thongs! We wear them all the time. We also love 3D printing. We built this company because we thought we could make something significantly better than the traditional style thong that has existed for decades. We wanted to use 3D printing to make a bloody comfortable pair of thongs and we reckon we've succeeded.
At Retraction Footwear we believe that technology should make the future a better place for us all. We believe that our thongs play a small part in making the future better.
Australia is a country that loves thongs however, it is almost impossible to buy a pair that is made here. We wanted to help fix that too.
Our Aim? It's to make the most comfortable pair of thongs we possibly can through facilitating customisation because we are all unique!
What Do We Believe In?
The following values guide our company. They are not for everyone but they are important to us.
1. We continually strive to make things better. We will continue to research, learn and improve the design, customer experience and 3D printing technics to ensure things get better for everyone associated with Retraction Footwear.
2. We hate waste, especially the sort that is magnified by production at scale. We hope to get to a point in the future where you can recycle your Retraction Footwear Thongs but unfortunately we are not there yet.
3. We believe that the constant progress of technology will make the future better and is not something to be feared. Some people don't like change - that's not us.
4. We strive to have fun at work and celebrate our successes.
5. We treat others with respect and have a firm "Don't be a d!ck" policy. Our workplace has (and will always have) the minimum hierarchy possible and all members of the team are trusted and empowered to do the right thing.
6. We aim to make the business as transparent as possible for all employees.
7. We love 3D Printing and Thongs.
That's us. If you have any questions on who we are, what we believe in or anything else, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.